Saturday, February 19, 2011

Revival

Recently I've discovered a blog that has had me absolutely riveted. She's honest, crafty, talented, and one hell of a mama, and has inspired me to revive my blog. Here goes...

Stir Crazy

There are few things that lose their luster as quickly as Winter in Michigan. I love winter up until the day I return to school from winter break in January. I love the Christmas presents, Christmas trees, Christmas movies, Christmas music, Christmas cookies, Christmas lights...okay,okay, really anything Christmas. I love peeking out the bedroom window as the sun rises to see a fresh blanket of white snow has fallen during the night, stirring dark hot chocolate made with Maya's whole milk in a pan on the stove, bundling up and walking over to the sledding hill behind our house with Pete and the girls, baking cherry scones with real butter, and building "snowgirls" as Lily calls them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But as I remove the thumbtack on my calendar and turn the page from January to February, and the fresh, white, snow has become a dirty pile of nast, and we have our tenth day in a row of sub-zero temperatures, I begin to get over my love for winter. Quickly.

Photobucket

Valentine's Day offers the last bright spot in an otherwise dreary cold tundra of winter's existence. This year, Daddy had to go to the really cold tundra, so I picked up some cupcakes from a local bakery as a treat for the girls. They were a hit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Happy Valentine's Day

As I type, the sun is shining, the dirty nast snow is melting away, and spring is in the air. As a lifelong Michigander, I know better than to believe that Winter is gone for good.

Photobucket

But at least it's finally gathering up it's belongings, putting on it's coat, and heading for the door.

1 comment:

jenni said...

Ooohhh....I LOVE that blog too! Glad you are back - your girls are so beautiful (and getting so big!)

Hugs!
jenni