Thursday, July 2, 2009

She's All Growns-Up and She's All Growns-Up




My baby is sleeping for the first night in her big girl bed. I guess that means she's officially a big girl instead of a baby now. I don't even think I can call her a toddler anymore--as she certainly doesn't toddle. Ever. Stands on one foot while she smoothly lifts her other leg, straightens and bends it with perfect balance, yes. But toddles, no.

She won't be 2.5 for another week yet, but in many ways she seems so much older to me. Her play has become richly imaginative, and her attitude and bossiness is much beyond her years. I wonder where she gets that from?

I keep waiting for the day to come when she turns into a terribly difficult child, and maybe when her baby sister is born she will. For now though, I would really like to tilt the hourglass on its side, allowing the sand to rest a bit, since my baby is growing up unbelievably fast.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Poor baby last night. Having her first (and hopefully last) fall out of the bed, onto the soft pillows below. Luckily she has no memory of it although she was quite confused at the time. Poor baby. How she ended up completely under the bed is beyond me though.

Eileen said...

Oh, what a beautiful bed! she looks darling in it. I'm too attached to the containment of the crib right now... but it'll be fun to get Evie in a bed.