Monday, September 22, 2008

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work we go!

After our "vacation", Husband and I got to work on all of the house stuff that didn't get done last weekend, this weekend. Joy. We woke up on Saturday morning and worked all day long. Weeding, mowing, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting...you get the idea. Mind you, it was beautiful outside, so I was oh so thrilled that I got to do the indoor chores. I was pretty happy, however, that Husband spared me the outdoor work this time when he fell into bed on Saturday night, exhausted and whining about his back. All of this work was of course interrupted by Lil's numerous "Elmo potty!" false alarms that resulted in another big old poop in her diaper.

On Sunday, we were awoken at the butt crack of dawn by little miss "Mama? Dada? Elmo? Abby? Bi-bir?". To my dismay, Husband drug himself out of bed and started to get ready for his mountain bike race. After a nice, but hardly relaxing, morning at the races, we went home and an exhausted Lily and Mommy took a nap while Daddy "organized" the garage. Unfortunately, my napping meant Husband's "organization" had no assistance from me, and I woke to an even messier garage.

We then dropped Lil at Papa's house for a bit and drove to IKEA, grandiose ideas of lovely home organization swimming in our heads. Two hours later, we left with $125.00 worth of stuff, and nothing that we had planned on getting. Such is life. Maybe next weekend will be better.

No comments: